After the success of the 2019 Chorus Gateway programme, iSkills and Chorus are planning to run their popular Gateway Programme – Introduction to Telecommunications.
This is a unique course that gives students an introduction, hands on training and experience in the Telecommunications Industry. As a programme closely aligned with industry, students also get introduced to organisations with access to apprenticeship programs.
iSkills and Chorus invite applications from year 12 and 13 students, interested in future pathways in technology – this could be anything from telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering to fibre infrastructure and management.
iSkills and Chorus are looking to find students that:
- Show an interest in the future of technology
- Have a natural curiosity of how technologies work
- Have a positive attitude
- Can commit to the duration of the programme
- Will demonstrate a high level of personal presentation for the workplace
- Are punctual
This programme will include classroom based learning, hands on network lab activities, and an industry experience day Students. Alongside practical experience of what it means to take part in the evolving world of telecommunications, students will aslo work towards gaining Level 2 and 3 credits in:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the NZ telecommunications industry (Level 2 – 6 credits)
- Demonstrate knowledge of telecommunications optical fibre network infrastructure (Level 3 – 15 credits)
This programme will run in the Term Two holidays for 7 concurrent days from Monday 6th July until Tuesday 14th July in Tauranga. Students wanting to take part in this course must be able to commit to the whole time.
- Cost – the cost of the programme is covered by TEC Gateway funding
- Equipment – students will be required to wear steel-cap footwear (covered by TEC Gateway funding), iSKills and Chorus will provide tools and equipment for use on duration of the course
- Travel – students will be responisible for arranging own transport to the training venue each morning.
- Application Form – applications are available from Careers office or email Catherine firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due with iSkills and Chorus by Tue 25 Feb (Tue in week 5/Term 1) but if this sounds like something you’d like to apply for, get in touch today – places are very limited and questions are welcome.